Total Pageviews

Sunday 1 May 2011

Outrageous Insurance Claim Statements

Automobiles provide transportation for people going to work, shopping and running errands as well as travelling for pleasure. However, along with car ownership come certain responsibilities. Besides keeping their vehicles in good mechanical condition as a safety measure, they must have good driving skills to avoid mishaps. However, accidents can happen even to experienced careful drivers. Therefore, it is vital for them to have good policies to protect their assets in the event that their vehicles should be involved in accidents.
There are many different car insurance companies with various terms and conditions for their policies, so it may be difficult to decide which company will provide the best cover for the lowest cost. Obtaining free car insurance quotes is the quickest and most convenient way to find the policy that best fits your needs.
People who have had accidents know that insurance companies require them to answer questions and fill out forms before processing their claims. Through the years, some of those claim forms have provided a source of entertainment for insurance processors. Following are a few of the more memorable statements from actual insurance claim forms.
• The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.
• I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows.
• An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished.
• The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.
• The car in front hit the pedestrian, but he got up so I hit him again.
• To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck a pedestrian.
• A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
• The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him.
• The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.
• Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have.
• I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it.
• I bumped into a lamppost, which was obscured by human beings.
• The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week.
• I knocked over a man; he admitted it was his fault for he had been knocked down before.
• The pedestrian ran for the pavement, but I got him.
• I didn't think the speed limit applied after midnight.
• I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.
While these claims probably gave the insurance company employees some good laughs, road safety and insurance fraud are no laughing matters. Hopefully, you will never have to fill out an insurance claim form, but in order to be prepared for any possibility, ask for a free car insurance quote today to get good cover for your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment